Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Athletic Annex / Big River Running / Elite Feet, Kansas City / Fleet Feet Chicago / Fleet Feet Cincinnati / Fleet Feet St. Louis / Garry Gribble's Sports / Gazelle Sports / Hanson's Running Shop / Movin' Shoes, Madison / Naperville Running Co. / Playmakers / Runners High'N Tri / The Running Spot / The Running Company, Indianapolis
A Snail's Pace / Bandanna Running / Boulder Running Company / Fleet Feet Davis / Fleet Feet Tucson / Heart & Sole Sports / Napa Running Company / Runner's High, Menlo Park / Ryan's Sports Shop / Salt Lake City Running Co. / See Jane Run / Skinny Raven Sports / Super Jock'n Jill /
1st Place Sports / 9th Street Active Feet / TAF Raleigh / Big Peach Running Co. / Fleet Feet Huntsville / Fleet Feet Tulsa / Luke's Locker / Metro Run & Walk / Pacers Running Store / Potomac River Running / Roger Soler Sports / Running Zone, Melbourne / Run On / Runner's Depot / Track Shack / Virginia Runner
Bryn Mawr / Elite Runners & Walkers / Fleet Feet Adams-Morgan / Fleet Feet Syracuse / Flying Feet Sports / Georgetown Running Co. / Marathon Sports / Medved Sports / Jack Rabbit Sports / Whirlaway Sports
Finalists for Store of the Year
9th Street Active / Bryn Mawr Running Co. / Fleet Feet Huntsville / Luke's Locker
How The 50 Best Was Selected
There were new criteria for selecting the 50 Best Stores in 2007. Last year the results were based largely on a mystery shopping rating of each stores that was conducted by The Franklin Resource Group, the leading store merchandising company serving the sporting goods industry. This year, the mystery shopping accounted for 50% of the total evaluation. A community involvement rating accounted for 25% and credit scores and evaluation from vendors accounted for the remaining 25%.
Rating Criteria for The Mystery Shopping
* How promptly were you greeted? * How knowledgeable and helpful was the staff OVERALL? * How many choices of items in your size and price range did they bring you to try on? * Were they polite and respectful? * Did they offer additional information beyond your question(s)? * Were you thanked and given incentive to visit the store again in the future? * How would rate the overall experience? * If you were shopping with your own money and interested in running, would you return to this store? * Did the sales person measure your foot? * Did the sales person measure your gait for specific needs? (ie - overpronation, underpronation or neutral) * Were try-on socks available? If so, were they clean? * Did the sales person help you beyond the shoe selection? (ie - discussed apparel or accessory items, etc) * Did the store carry a wide range of sizes, colors and brands of running shoes? (refer to brand list above in report instructions) * Was your size available in the shoe(s) the associate suggested initially? * Were all of the prices clearly marked? * What kind of range of accessory products does this store carry? (socks, insoles, water bottles, hats, watches, etc) * Was the store well-lit, clean and easy to maneuver? (rate overall) * Was the merchandise presented in a way that was easy to understand and shop? (rate overall) * Was the fitting room for apparel comfortable, well lit and clean? * Was the checkout procedure quick and simple? * Rate the sales associates on their attire. Were they readily identifiable? * Please add anything (positive or negative) that you experienced during your visit:
Total evaluation was worth 100 points
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The First Black American Marathon Runner : My Boycott of The National Black Marathoners' Association
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?"
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we".
- "Too many good doctors are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."
- "Families are where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
- "This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mential losses."
- "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literary test"..
- "Childrens do learn."
- "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."
- "We have got a bigger enemy than name callers. That is Al-Qaeda or people losing jobs."